Gods on earth (Poe'try') !

On a sunless day when I was on the street,
walking alone, dragging my feet;
with nothing to look forward to, no one to meet,
that I heard this voice, gentle and sweet.

Amidst the clatter of plates
and amidst the chatter of mates,
It was a matter of fate,
that I could hear more than just prate.

I looked around for the source
of playfulness among the chores;
in a place that was nothing but coarse,
the sweetness was quite off course.

There it was, the lovely face,
less of beauty more of grace,
As she moved around the place,
the ambience changed to suit her ways.

No doubt, she was God’s dear one;
His way of saying, ’I’m here son,
moving along with this nature woman
and not, as you think, beyond the Sun’.

I shook my head and looked again,
she was ever so elegant and yet so plain.
Being earthly there is so much to gain, 
that vanity seems like all suffering and pain.

It was late in the evening, half past seven
I resumed my walk, bright and liven.
To sinful me such grace was given
on earth to see, the ways of heaven.

- All the credit to Joseph Furtado !

Niren

Comments

Mistress of Art said…
hey...this is a good one...me like it :D
nirmoh said…
Thanks, Satya. The idea and punch lines comes from the 'Corn Field' by JOseph Furtado.

Popular posts from this blog

The solitary reaper (of grief)

Ari - The dance or the Dancer?

SVCHS - School Vth CHaracter(S) !