Drill, Sir !

Of late, when I go to my daughter's school for whatever reason, I keep coming across the physical education teacher of the school. He must be much younger than me but sports a much sterner look. And slowly, over the last few months, I started developing some kind of respect/fear for the guy. Nothing to do with his capabilities but simply out of fear I used to have for our own drill sir all those years ago. I guess that position or role has a fear inducing capability.

But what's the deal with these PE teachers anyways? Why do they believe they were supposed to be in some military but landed up in a primary school ? Why are they so strict? For some one who is supposed to be playing most of the time with kids for a job, should they not be much more happy looking people? Why do they seem to carry most of the weight of the world's future and wear a frown that could compete with that of some true blue strategist or military boss?

After some brainless storming, I have come up with an answer. It must be part of the offer made to these guys that they should never laugh. The headmaster and other teachers must be so jealous of the fact that here is someone whose job it is to come and play and then take salary month after month ! Why let this person off and enjoy his life? So they put a clause to include the responsibility of implementing the discipline regime at school. The guy has no escape now. On one hand he has to laugh and play and on the other, he cannot ! So that frown on the face. He is asking himself all the time, should I be playing now or enforcing discipline ?? What a Paradox !!

Niren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The solitary reaper (of grief)

Ari - The dance or the Dancer?

SVCHS - School Vth CHaracter(S) !