Happy Diwali !

As I walked past the temple in the market street, I heard an old beggar yell "Happy Deepavali. Give more today"

"Why more today? Is it a Diwali offer?", I asked. Some times the desire to be witty overtakes the need to remain sensible.

"You are going to pray Goddess Lakshmi today and ask her to spend more time in your home. Right?", the old man said. "I promise you not to pray and compete for her time. In return you give me more today", he explained.

"Lakshmi is a Goddess. She is all pervading and can be in all homes at the sametime. There is no competition for her time. Go ahead and pray if you want. She will be in your and my home at the sametime", this time it was logic over sensibility.

"I don't have a home", he said.

"It doesn't matter for God", I argued. "She is everywhere. May be even standing next to you right now".

He smiled and said, "The only one standing next to me right now is you".

His case was obvious.

I gave him more and settled the matter out of the temple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The solitary reaper (of grief)

Ari - The dance or the Dancer?

SVCHS - School Vth CHaracter(S) !