Krishna

The setting wasn't something I'd have expected to find in the midst of a large gathering of bositerous crowd for a street festival. There was too much going around that plundered the senses. Yet it was the many ecstatic devotees chanting their mantra who made it almost impossible for two people to have a conversation.
I asked him nevertheless.
"Summarize Gita for me in one sentence"
"That's a tough ask", he said. He thought for some time.
"I can try in three very short ones, if you like"
I was happy for him to take a shot at it.
"I do not love anything. I do not hate anything. I am everything". He looked into my face and probably found mild apprehension. "Makes sense?"
"And the 'I' is Krishna, I suppose"
"Yes and, everything else as you can figure from the last sentence" he said
"And who is Krishna?"
"That's an incorrect question. The correct one will be to ask 'What'"
"Ok. So what is Krishna?"
"Krishna is the Consciousness"
He smiled and went back to join his mates in the chanting before I could close the conversation more formally.
Tiresome short trips to lands that are thousands of miles away. And then the small mercies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The solitary reaper (of grief)

Ari - The dance or the Dancer?

SVCHS - School Vth CHaracter(S) !