Worldly Success and Spirituality

"Tell me oh God, I pray
But who are they
That want to rule
and preach the world what's cool?" 

"I did ask them, my son,
'whence this run
For glory and fame
and an everlasting name?'" 

"We don't believe in you, God"
They said with a haughty nod.
"We want to be loved and respected
and do more than expected.
And if ever there is a need,
To be feared and agreed" 

"So, my son, I asked them all,
'do you want to be me, after all?
For what you are chasing to become
Is who I already am and some'"

"They ignored and left me alone
For them I am but a stone.
But here's the secret I tell thee
The desire for Success is the desire to be Me" 

"Tell me oh God, I pray
Isn't that the Advaitin's play
To be on a journey
To become thee?" 

"Ah ! Now you see it
It's the same but with lost wit.
The Advaitin's journey is inside out
And all others are outside out" 

"And let me tell you my son
Outside out is all for none.
For a true Advaitin in contrast
Life's a cause that's never lost"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The solitary reaper (of grief)

Ari - The dance or the Dancer?

SVCHS - School Vth CHaracter(S) !